How to tie the double Windsor tie knot?
The "Double Windsor" is the most popular way to wear a tie, as it looks very elegant and is ideal especially for festive occasions.
- Place the tie around the neck so that the wide end is on the right and is longer than the narrow end hanging down from the left.
- Place the wide end over the narrow end and pull it underneath so that the wide end comes out the top where the neck is.
- Fold this wide end over to the front so that a loop is formed.
- Then pass the wide end behind the knot and form another loop on the other side by placing the wide end on the neck loop and folding it over to the back.
- Next, place the wide end over the front of the knot and pass it back up through the neck loop at an angle.
- Then pull the wide end through the loop created in the front and align the knot.
- You're done with the double Windsor knot!
What color should the pocket square be?
The color of the pocket square is basically dependent on the color of the tie or bow tie, not the color of the shirt. If you wear a tie with warm colors, then your pocket square should also be made of warm colors. This is just as true with cool colors. You should also match the pocket square with the bow tie or necktie when it comes to pattern. For example, if there are large checks on the tie, the scarf can have small checks. In general, you should always color-coordinate both parts with each other and also take into account your skin and hair color, so that you do not wear colors that do not flatter you. Ultimately, however, you can always fall back on the classic: the pocket square in white.
How to use a tie pin?
The tie pin is used to fasten the tie to the shirt so that it does not slip around. So, the tie pin is not just for attaching the front and back of the tie to each other. Make sure the pin is narrower than the tie itself. So the tie pin should only cover three quarters of the tie.
For fastening, you should wear the shirt and the tie. Place the tie on the button placket of the shirt and fasten both parts with the pin. This should be in the upper chest area and therefore visible even when wearing a jacket.